Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Local Journey Mans Leage

So my local game store  Game Kastle is hosting a journey mans league. As some of you may know this is a perfect chance for people who been playing Warmachine / Hords for a long time to try a new faction :)

So I thought I was allowed to play a 11 pnt battle box with infantry so I put together this list:

pDenney aka 'Dirty D' (+5)
- Pistol Wraith (3)
- Death Ripper (4)
- Death Ripper (4)
- Stalker (4)
- Machine Wratih (1)

Now this list has a tone of denial for the big pesky models on the other side with the ability to still have two arc nodes on the field for multi direction. Then I learned we were playing Mangled Metal only so I threw this together:

pDenney aka 'Dirty D' (+5)
- Death Ripper (4)
- Death Ripper (4)
- Stalker (4)
- Hell Diver (3)

This is what I found after running this list twice. Several people picked for their starting boxes as they were all customized were heavy’s + Caster. Now the problem with Cryx is that our heavy’s cannot really have a slug fest so we NEED to have the first strike. And now this would not normally be a bad thing with Denny but I made a list above that has no heavy’s. I thought I could circle my stalkers around the flank all stealth like but man is it hard to get that strike in when you have no way to stop there caster form just charging and trashing them.

I am learning all over again that as cryx I am really waiting for my opponent to make some silly mistake. I want them to move in the wrong place so I can get the charge off but if they decide to sit back and play it safe all I can do is sit and wait. I do not have any speed advantage thanks to them being about the same speed as the casters and they can face smash me with no problem.

So hopefully you guys can learn from my silly mistakes and I hope to figure out how to make the stalker and Hell Diver work as I never considered them vary good models. I am thinking now that they would of made better choices at a larger point value but as it stands I all ready submitted my list and cannot go back on it. So may the dice be tossed I am going to learn or fail one way or another =)

GAME ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment